[Cialug] Installation error

Chris Hettinger cjh at raccoon.com
Mon Aug 29 09:52:39 CDT 2005

This past Saturday I attempted to install Mandriva 2005 LE on a HP
NetServer LH 3r at work. The installation failed to load the Symbios
Logic 53c895 driver for the SCSI controller.

I've googled many times, found a couple suggestions, but ultimately none
of those worked ... Bios and firmware updates, doing the installation in
text mode with 'noapic' specified...

I'm at a point where I'm not sure how else to approach this... What else
to try during installation, is there a way to load that driver for the
installation program and how?

-ch