[Cialug] Corruption with ReiserFS

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Sat Aug 27 14:38:33 CDT 2005

Have any of you had problems with the ReiserFS on Linux?  I had a
situation with a different SUSE Box which used ReiserFS where it
crashed not too long ago and asked me to check the files and it said it
had to do a major re-check and then I finally managed to get it to do
that check and it seemed to find all my files.  I felt relieved. I
didn't need to access them right away, so I left them alone.  Then
recently I went to use the files and they were all corrupted, but the
filenames were there.

Is that common for ReiserFS? I am probably going to scavenge what I can
of what is left and then reformat the system and reinstall. I am
wondering if I am better off with a different FS?  What do you all
recommend?

Thanks,

Stuart