[Cialug] Linux Trademark -- What do you think of this?

Chris Hilton chris129 at cs.iastate.edu
Sat Aug 20 12:53:15 CDT 2005

The link I read, which was on the LMI site in response to letters they
sent to people in australia (it was a FAQ).  It said that the pricing
wasn't set in stone and that they'd be willing to talk about lower
prices for some.
Anyway, it doesn't matter for LUG's.  My understanding is that they only
care about people using it in product and brand names.  LUG is not a
brand, and the message on the tshirt is not a product name.  They
mentioned that they want people to continue things like "powered by
linux" and that sort of thing:
http://www.ilaw.com.au/linuxfaq.html#810EKargEwky-T2khV7Usg
FTA:
Can I still use the word Linux descriptively?
Sure you can. You can say things like "I am a Linux consultant",