[Cialug] SpamAssassin

Claus cniesen at gmx.net
Tue Aug 16 15:24:06 CDT 2005

- Install qmail
- Install Spamassassin
- Run spamd as a daemon (I use supervise to do so)
- Install safecat, a program that copies from standard input
   to Maildirs (used by spamfork)
http://budney.homeunix.net:8080/users/budney/linux/software/safecat.html
- Install spamfork, a program that scans the mail from spamassassin
   and depending if it is a spam it moves the message to ./Maildir/
   or ./Maildir/.Spam (other directories can be specified)
- Change .qmail file to contain
   |/var/qmail/bin/preline spamc | /usr/local/bin/spamfork.pl

This setup allows every user or even every .qmail file to use
spamassassin as they wish.  The instead of having spam messages in your
inbox they will end up in a separate mail box.

Of course this is assuming you are using Maildir with qmail.

If you want more info let me know.

   Claus