[Cialug] Actiontec

Jeff Davis jeff at dynamictelecard.com
Wed Aug 3 08:14:57 CDT 2005

Kevin,

A friend of mine had similar behavior on a mac.

Every once in a while his resolv.conf would
get a goofy DNS server from the actiontec.

I don't think he ever updated the firmware though.
His fix was to have cron update resolv.conf every minute.

He's since changed ISP's and with a static IP no longer has the issue.