[Cialug] What's your modem?

Claus cniesen at gmx.net
Tue Aug 2 10:51:03 CDT 2005

No offense, but I'd say the problem lies between the chair and the
keyboard.  You have to realize that Qwest doesn't support Linux since
they don't have the time and knowledge to do so.

 From your problems it seems like your issues are more with your Linux
computer than with the DSL.  Either use an 100% configured computer that
works anywhere via DHCP (a windows computer would also do) to configure
and test your DSL or go to some  DHCP enabled network where you can
setup your computer and ensure everything is OK with it before tackling
your DSL configuration.

The web config of the Actiontec modem really isn't your issue here.
Actually the web config makes configurations for the common person
simpler.  Internal DSL modems could actually cause more headaches and
are way less flexible.

I'm not sure how much time other ISPs want to spend with clients fixing
their Linux problems.  You might simply offer some Linux experienced
people some money to get your computer connected.  Or, if you are
patient enough, continue getting help from the list or maybe at a CIALUG
meeting people would offer to look at your computer.

   Claus