[Cialug] Perc3 RAID

Dave Weis cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:14:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Jon Clemons wrote:
> I have extensive Dell Server and Linux experience. Back in the 2.4 days if
> you upgraded
> a kernel and the Perc3 firmware was not current you would get a kernel panic.

>From watching over Tony's shoulder I think he was getting the generic no
root filesystem found. It kind of looked like the raid card driver was
just missing, I thought the lsi driver covered the older dell cards, but I
hadn't done too much with the older ones.

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis@sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent