[Cialug] Perc3 RAID

Jon Clemons cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:14:01 -0500

 I have extensive Dell Server and Linux experience. Back in the 2.4 days if
you upgraded
a kernel and the Perc3 firmware was not current you would get a kernel
panic. Actually
for a while you had to use an AACRAID patch to the 2.4 kernel to get the
necessary module
support. You make a simple floppy from a file you download from Dell's
website
it should do almost everything for you to upgrade your Perc3 firmware. They
have
some directions there which are straight forward.
Do the firmware upgrade first and if that does not work then try the below
options.

 you might need to download the latest drivers see below.

aacraid_drv_linux_1.1.5-2371.rpm
from
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=%2FProduct%2FASR-3210S&prodkey=ASR-3210S
unpack it using rpm which creates:
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/aacraid_patches.tgz
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/aacraid_prebuilt.tgz
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/aacraid_source.tgz
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/adpt_mk_initrd
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/adpt_mkinitrd
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/chk_lilo
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/create_device_nodes
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/grub.awk
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/install.sh
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/lilo.awk
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/module.equiv
/opt/Adaptec/aacraid/read.me

unzip the aacraid_source.tgz file and copy into

2.6.x kernel tree (drivers/scsi/aacraid). then compile
kernel and try again.