[Cialug] PCI Wireless Card

Dwight Hubbard cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:49:27 -0500 (CDT)

I've used Mythtv with a wireless card in the past, there were two
significant problems.  The first is 802.11b didn't provide enough
bandwidth to stream video at the higher quality levels and second, every
time my neighbor would use his 2.4Ghz cordless phone or my wife used the
microwave the video would hang or get real choppy.

I find wireless with MythTV worked fine if I just wanted to watch
something I recorded at lower quality on my laptop, but it wasn't stable
enough that my wife would put up with it ;-)