[Cialug] Asterisk, IAXYs and IAX (was Des Moines Area ISPs)

Tom Pohl cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:23:48 -0500

LOL yeah, just like that ;)

The problem with WDS is that with each hop, you cut the bandwidth in
half because it's not  a full-duplex radio.  By the time you get 4-5
hops away you're sharing a whopping straw that makes dialup look good
;)

-Tom

On Apr 14, 2005, at 11:09 AM, Dave J. Hala Jr. wrote:

> Get an 802.11b voip phone. Get a bunch of linksys wrtg's running the
> sveasoft software using wds on them, and connect it all back to
> asterisk.  Poof! You're now voip cell phone coop.
>

> On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 10:58, Dave Weis wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Jonathan Bailey wrote:
>>> 1. Hardware. You'd be looking at a 2Ghz-ish box with at least a gig
>>> of
>>> memory.