[Cialug] OT: Management Recruiters (was: Farming of e-mail addresses)

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:21:17 +0000

I worked with a head-hunter a couple of times, you would've thought I'd learned
my lesson after the first time.  I was, shall we say, naive in the amount of
money I should be earning.  The first head-hunter had to "fight" to get me that
much.  I was making just a little less than that at Microware on Tech Support,
and I was the lowest paid person there.  Twelve years later, I know better.

Beside that, the fact they did a "bait-and-switch" on me left a bad taste in my
mouth also.  You see the ads in the paper, you go in to apply, they tell you
that you have to fill out paperwork, and then tell you that you're not
qualified, or those jobs aren't in this area, or they've already been filled.

The second time was basically the same.  I wanted something in the DM area, but
she kept sending me other places, and was pissed off when I turned down an offer
in Omaha.  I left DM and all my friends to go the Quad Cities because a
head-hunter said they couldn't find me a job in DM, why would I leave the QCA to
go to another city I didn't know anyone in?

--
Tim W.