[Cialug] Email

D. Joe Anderson cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:11:48 -0600

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 01:47:57PM -0600, Dave Weis wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Lee wrote:
> >So Google is bumping up the available email storage to 2GB
> >and will continue to increase it. Does anyone here use that
> >much space for "email" or have you seen a users mail box that
> >demands that much space?
>
> I've got about 900 megs from 2001-now. I had a couple more years before
> that but had a small problem with a raid controller and freed up some
> space. I also delete the attachments and store them in other directories.

At home:
$ du -s Mail
842440  Mail

At work:
$ du -s Mail
1096348 Mail

I keep a lot of the spam I get, though.  Like Dave, I've had
system . . . events . . . that have freed some space over the
years.

--
D. Joe Anderson         http://www.etrumeus.com/~deejoe
"DRM [...] is to copyright law as a machine gun on