[Cialug] Router Building

Academician Kula cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:50:19 -0500

Chris, you may want to check /etc/sysctl.conf, particularly the
net.inet.ip.forwarding variable. This (at least on other BSD systems
I've used) controls if  your machine will send packets between
different interfaces. It always catches me, and kind of sounds like
what may be happening here.

The last time it took me two days of frustration before I remember it,
which is why "sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1" is now taped to my
monitor....