[Cialug] meeting

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:18:13 -0500

Considering we have the installfest coming up Saturday, it might be a
good idea to get an overview of Gentoo, so we can talk about it with a
little bit of authority. This was discussed on the AmesFUG list last
week prior to their installfest. The general concensus was that Gentoo
probably wasn't a good choice for an Installfest installation - the most
optimistic people were estimating a 2 hour install time for a gentoo
pro, and it's not for the uninitiated.

I would recommend installing Mandrake, Fedora, or Debian, and having a
bunch of Knoppix CD's.

-dc