[Cialug] Linux Tweaks and Hacks

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:59:07 -0600

I like to use reiserfs - I like the performance, and the quick recovery
time on reboot. I've seen a couple of other benchmarks that support the
reiserfs author's benchmarks. I have never had a reiserfs partition get
corrupted so bad that it couldn't recover it.

ext3 does have one advantage - if the journal gets corrupted, you can
just mount it as ext2. If both the filesystem data and the journal are
corrupted, then you're in trouble.

-dc