[Cialug] cell phone registry - do not call

Sam Callahan cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:24:42 -0600

> its illegal to get unsolicitated calls on your cell phone. the reason for
> this is is that the solicitor can not reimburse you for the minutes used
on
> your cell phone therefore they cannot waste your money. this rule has been
> in effect since clintons first term in office. this was why anyone with a
> cell phone didn't (well shouldn't have) get polled during the campaigning.

For those of us who switched our home phone number to a cell phone it's a
mixed blessing. No worries about missing someone in the "we have a new
number" announcement but campaign calls without a means to tell them to stop
calling and leaving voice mails.