[Cialug] cell phone registry - do not call

Barry Von Ahsen cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:07:30 -0600

admin@c0wzftp.com wrote:
> its illegal to get unsolicitated calls on your cell phone.

for now.  I knew many commuter students at ISU that gave their cell
numbers as their contact numbers, which then got sold to anyone who asked.

> the reason
> for this is is that the solicitor can not reimburse you for the minutes
> used on your cell phone therefore they cannot waste your money. this
> rule has been in effect since clintons first term in office. this was
> why anyone with a cell phone didn't (well shouldn't have) get polled
> during the campaigning.
>
> this is one of the main reasons i only have a cell phone. that plus its
> not listed in a directory anywhere.

but it's going to be.  then see above change.  of course many phones
have an "only accept calls from phonebook" option

better to be safe...

-barry