[Cialug] alsa snd-atiixp with bt878

Tom Pohl cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:14:19 -0600

It's a 2.5ghz celeron.  It's plenty fast enough, it hardly breaks a
sweat encoding.  When the playback window displays the video, it plays
fine, but when it is full-screen it's a little pokey.  It's probably
either an interrupt sharing problem or inefficient video driver
problem.

The hdd timings even seem adequate:
  Timing buffer-cache reads:   1500 MB in  2.00 seconds = 750.00 MB/sec
  Timing buffered disk reads:  172 MB in  3.00 seconds =  57.33 MB/sec

-Tom