[Cialug] Fedora w/CDRWs

Don Cady cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:20:24 -0600

-inline-
>I had a similar problem.
> I burned the iso's at 8x and they failed the
> media test but the md5sums matched, so I reburned
> them at 4x and they still failed.  That seemed
> odd to me so I started googling. (may I use that as a verb?)
Yes, you may. Mine were at 4x, but that's because the burner chooses the
speed on it's own.

> I found several threads about this at
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November
>
> You might try booting with linux ide=nodma
For the burn, or the check?

> If you burned the iso's with Nero you might try a different burning
> program.
Yea, different program, different discs, different burner.. I was just
trying to save time by seeing if someone else has found a solution
previous.. 1/2 hour to burn +1/2 hour to test each combination adds up a
lot.

Thanks,
Don