[Cialug] [cialug]10.1 networking problems

Dan Hockey AAS/ASE cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:25:42 -0600

I installed mdk 10.1 power pack ed on my laptop and had wifi working just
fine for about a week when wifi quit. I tried to reinstall the card(orinoco
gold)but all that shows up in the wifi setup is "manually load driver", so I
tried the orinoco_cs driver and it still shows "manually load driver".
cardctl info/ident shows the card properties but wifi still didn't work.So I
tried the wired network and it worked just fine.This is the point when I
took the windows way of fixing things...a clean reinstall. This worked for a
little over a week then the same problems showed up again, wifi quit, but
wired networking still works. I rebooted to xp and the wifi card and ap's
are working with no problem.Has anyone else heard of anything like this?Is
there some way to fix this without reinstalling?
-dh