[Cialug] Question about going broadband in Des Moines...

reinstall hell cialug@cialug.org
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:09:34 -0600

Hey,

I've had mediacom for about 2 years as well. Pretty much with the same
story as far as level of service. As long as you "Keep It Simple
Stupid", if you ever have to call the tech people, your problems will be
solved in a timely manner. their phone techs don't know squat, but the
people doing the service calls have always known their stuff (most of
which that i've talked to being linux users themselves). I wish i knew
what some people have against cable ISPs, but i just don't see why i
should pay 2 seperate fees for the signal and then the isp service and
get raped on my $1/bps. (please note that this is not an invite to start
any kind of flaming war on this list)

as patrick said the biggest skill to fixing a cable connection that
doesn't want to stay connected, is to learn the appropriate way to
powercycle equipment.

Neal