[Cialug] Question about going broadband in Des Moines...

Patrick L. McGillan cialug@cialug.org
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 20:03:04 -0600

Hey,
I have had mchsi cable for a couple of years now. They dropped off the modem
with the wife, one day while I was at work. I hooked it up that night and
have been happy since then. Once long ago, I called them with a problem they
were having, which they denied of course. Next day everything was back to
normal. Sometimes the cable goes out, maybe once every 6 months. Longest was
a day and a half, best I can remember. Have had a public web server up for
most of the time, couple hunderd hits a day. Power flickers are the biggest
culprit, just requires unplugging and repluggin'. Been using the same ip
address for at least two years. Bout all I can say, hope it helps.

Patrick