[Cialug] htop issue

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Jan 17 15:40:40 UTC 2023

On Mon, 16 Jan 2023, Andy Denner wrote:

> Htop by default shows each thread as a separate line. The question I
> have is that it is showing as ./htop
> I would wonder what directory it is as that seems kinda odd. Also -a
> doesn't seem to be an option listed in help for my htop. Google does not
> have many good options as well. Are you sure that it is a real version
> of htop and not compromised?

htop was a virgin install, .. so that isn't a suspect.

Turned out that an old website had been compromised by bitcoin miners, ..
since it was an old site I just removed the user and killed that site.

The server waas ancient, .. as mentioned, .. so doubt there would be any
value in trying to isolate the attack mechanism.

	Thanks!!