[Cialug] best supported/performing Ethernet adapter?

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Mon Jun 13 11:26:50 CDT 2005

Realtek chips aren't as bad as they used to be... but I would get
something better for a server.

I haven't seen anything recently, but the Netgear Gigabit-over-copper
cards were supposed to be about the fastest available, and only cost
about $30.

The only "name brand" cards I really don't like are 3com... mostly
because of the crappy and over priced later generation 3c905 cards. The
3c595 cards were rock-solid, after that they went down hill.

-dc