[Cialug] best supported/performing Ethernet adapter?

John.Lengeling at radisys.com John.Lengeling at radisys.com
Mon Jun 13 10:39:35 CDT 2005

I wouldn't put Realtek in a server, but for a home machine, it is just
fine and very cheap.

Yes Intel writes their own driver.  You can get the source code from their
website.  I was talking with one of our engineers and he is very impressed
with the Intel driver.  The common code is clearly separated from the OS
specific code so porting the driver to new OSs is very easy.

johnl

"Nathan C. Smith" <smith at ipmvs.com>
Sent by: cialug-bounces at cialug.org
06/13/2005 10:29 AM
Please respond to
Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>

'Central Iowa Linux Users Group' <cialug at cialug.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [Cialug] best supported/performing Ethernet adapter?

Realtek does OK until you pound on it with something like video+file
transfers.

Does Intel write/contribute their own Linux driver?