[Cialug] pfSense Guest WiFi

Jared Brees fromj2sitsme at msn.com
Tue May 31 02:33:32 UTC 2022

Yeah, ICMP is disabled by default so even if you have traffic, you won't be able to ping.

What do you mean by "connect it to the WAN port bypassing the internal network"? Are you looking to turn off NAT?

Your connection description didn't make a lot of sense to me. You mentioned "the LAN port" as AC1200 WAN <--> pfSense WAN but also listed addresses in the same subnet for the AC1200 WAN and pfSense LAN (10.0.0.0/24). If you're truly going pfSense LAN <--> AC1200 WAN <--> pfSense WAN, you're going to have a hard time.

Can you clarify what exactly your topology is and what you're trying to do?