[Cialug] Linux on Windows

Jimmy binaryvisionary at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 23:01:52 UTC 2022

> WSL2 on Win10 works great for non-GUI.

I agree, with some qualifications. I have trouble with the virtual NIC
working over VPN, which is a known issue. The workaround of changing the
metrics works most of the time but not always, and I have to do it every
time I connect. It's easy to script though.

There are some utilities that can't be installed or don't work correctly.

But I've gotten away from using my Virtualbox VM and use WSL2 for most
things. Although hearing titans of the industry like Mr. Champion poo poo
it and advocate the VM has shaken me to the core and I'm reconsidering.  : )