[Cialug] ubuntu disk storage

chris at bynw.com chris at bynw.com
Thu Feb 24 19:20:00 UTC 2022

The original home directory on the main physical drive is still there
and just renamed to home_backup. It hasn't been deleted or anything.

But when I try to reverse the instructions given at the website in my
previous email (see below). I can't rename the current home directory to
something else. I always get a message the resource is busy. Would I
have to unmount it rename it and thus force the system to see the
original directory?

Or could that be done in recovery or emergency mode?

Thoughts? I'm trying to avoid having to wipe and restart from scratch if
possible.

Thanks

>>> https://techsparx.com/linux/disks/ubuntu-move-home.html to move /home