[Cialug] ubuntu disk storage

Jim Cole jrcole at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 08:53:08 UTC 2022

If no redundancy is needed and you want the drives to be able to be
independently used later (can I pull a single drive and put it in another
machine and read the files, then I would use a union type of software. My
personal favorite of those is mergerfs. The dev is very active, has his own
discord and is quite helpful.

There are several options in this space: unionfs, overlayfs in the kernel,
mergerfs. It all depends on what options you need. I find mergerfs fit well
with what I need.

Cheers from across the pond,
-Jim