[Cialug] I Can't GnuPG

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:48:10 UTC 2022

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 5:53 PM David Champion <dchamp1337 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I mean... it's a cli. You type stuff and it does stuff. This isn't the
> specific tutorial I used to learn it but looks pretty similar. It's not
> rocket surgery.

Yeah. If you know the commands, they're (fairly) straightforward. My
personal struggle is understanding the key concepts. Keys, subkeys?, what
is the output showing me, this is a fingerprint, this isn't. Stuff like
that.

I'm capable of learning things. But what strikes me is that I've dived into
this a couple of times before, and then a year or two will pass where I
don't need to do anything with gpg... and when I have to use it again it's
all gone. When that happens it's an indicator to me that the concepts are
not clear. Not clear *enough*, anyway.

--
Todd