[Cialug] I Can't GnuPG

Thomas Kula kula at tproa.net
Thu Aug 4 19:10:13 UTC 2022

On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 01:57:50PM -0400, Todd Walton wrote:
> You know what I've looked at a million times and *still* haven't figured
> out? Gnu-frickin-PG. Why is PGP so hard?

Because it was built in the 1990s with the UX of a diseased goat.

I make heavy use of gopass, GPG, and having my key on a YubiKey 4.
I've been doing this since ... looks like 2017 -
https://kula.tproa.net/lnt/computers/gpg/gpg-and-yubikey.html

But these days as soon as age-encryption.org supports having a private
key in something like a YubiKey, I'm nuking my PGP key from orbit.

--
Thomas L. Kula | kula at tproa.net | https://kula.tproa.net/