[Cialug] Automatic container updates

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Apr 27 20:06:58 UTC 2022

You might want to look at something like Watchtower (
https://containrrr.dev/watchtower/) which checks to see if you are running
the latest version of the container and will download the new container and
restart it if you aren't. I've not used Watchtower but the big downside
that I can see is that you can't control which versions to look at. For
example, if your application had two major releases that were being
maintained (say, 1.x and 2.x) I don't think you can tell Watchtower to keep
you on the older 1.x releases.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 3:33 PM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> Been using Greenbone for security scans, .. but if the version running is
> not current, the scans are useless and, unfortunately, the tag is not
> useful:
>
> securecompliance/gvm   debian-master-data-full   b6e23911f4f6   4 months
> ago   6.12GB
>
> What's the best way to check for a new version and automatically pull?
>
>         Thanks!

Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.