[Cialug] BtrFS

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Oct 21 13:27:08 UTC 2021

The thought distilled in my mind overnight, .. would love to hear

We have been using BtrFS for many years for it's invaluable recovery
options as a root partition (and as the default root FS for OpenSuSE), ..
so I was understanbly confused at the presentation last night classifying
it as "unfinished", or even "half baked".

So, .. my question is this:

Givem that the majority of installations ARE running a single device (e.g.
SAN, HW RAID, etc.), why would the ability to run multiple devices have
anything at all to do with the finish level of the file system??

Really seems like a red herring to me, .. dissing a really useful
filesystem with negatives that don't even apply?

	TIA!