[Cialug] Need An Algo Suggestion

Nathan C. Smith NSmith at hhlawpc.com
Thu Oct 14 21:53:06 UTC 2021

I would have thought Linked List.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cialug [mailto:cialug-bounces at cialug.org] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Ollie
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 4:42 PM
To: Central Iowa Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [Cialug] Need An Algo Suggestion

This is called in general graph theory. Each number is a node and the
relations between them are edges. I haven't dealt with it much but I'm sure
that there are a bazillion packages out there that implement various
algorithms.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 3:19 PM Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a programmer. Not really. If I had a list of things like this:
>
>  1,2
>  2,3
>  2,4
>  3,6
>
> how would I map them so that I can see that 1 refers to 2, 2 refers to 3
> and 4, and 3 refers to 6, so:
>
>  1,2,3,6
>  1,2,4
>  2,3,6
>  2,4
>  3,6
>
> Like that? I want to build up those chains. Every chain has an end. There's
> no infinite loops. But some have multiple paths.
>
> I'm not sure how to do that, and I'm not sure what to call it for the
> purposes of DDGing it.
>
> --
> Todd

Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.