[Cialug] OT: USB Issues

Shane Nehring shane at ntoast.com
Fri Nov 12 19:01:16 UTC 2021

My first instinct would actually be to suspect some damage to the PSU
(maybe just the 5v supply) or perhaps the MB (assuming the usb is onboard
the motherboard). It could be the PSU is only slightly damaged and is just
making a bunch of noise on the 5v lines and that's only adversely impacting
sensitive usb devices. Failing PSUs can cause all sorts of difficult to
track down weirdness.