[Cialug] Planning Group/Meeting format going forward/Call for presenters

Andrew Denner linux-list at upeke.com
Mon May 24 06:49:57 UTC 2021

I am looking to get together a core group of people interested in helping
plan and organize CIALUG meetings especially as we return to a more in
person based world. The goal would be for the commitment to be very
minimal, but to also help get new ideas and opinions on topics and events
as well as spread the load of the organizational work.

The current plan for meetings are to try to keep them a mixed/hybrid
meeting as we have picked up several attendees from as far away as Germany.

Also If anyone has thoughts for possible locations to hold meetings (I am
uncertain what venues have reopened) and what thoughts people have to the
timing of IRL meetings.

Would someone like to set up a SIGBAP (Special interest group, Beverage and
Provisions) meeting, especially at a patio setting as a way to reenter the
social scene?

Finally, if meetings are going to continue to be interesting, we need
presenters.
Do you have a cool Free and Open Source thing that you are interested in,
want to find more about, or want someone else to talk about? Do you have
experience contributing to a FOSS project and want to tell others? Do you
want to talk about how you are using FOSS in production or to solve some
cool problem and save the world? We want to hear about it!