[Cialug] Stimulus -> new TV (slightly off topic)

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Sun Mar 28 11:03:40 UTC 2021

I run a pi 4 with a pi-hole and open vpn server.  It's pretty much an out
of the box config.  As far as streaming goes, I only had to whitelist the
first entry to make streaming CBS All Access and Disney  work.  The amazon
entry is something I added while I was doing some troubleshooting.

In my network, the pi-hole  functions as the DNS and DHCP server.

[image: image.png]

I had some issues with it initially.  The biggest challenge was the pi-hole
would update and the DNS would occasionally become unresponsive.   I solved
this problem by adding a cron job that reloads pi-hole daily.
I also use pi-hole to block FB and Twitter 20 hours per day.  I use a
little bash script that also runs as a cron job to do this.