[Cialug] Stimulus -> new TV (slightly off topic)

Hakan E. Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 01:11:48 UTC 2021

I have a family with two young kids with a subscription to Disney Plus.
Accessing it via Samsung Smart TV is a pain in the neck with a pihole
set up. The darn thing works when I connect the TV to my cell phones
tethered wifi but it would not work reliably when using LAN due to
pihole restrictions I suspect. Similar thing happens with the Youtube
app it has as well, whereas Netflix and Amazon Prime works flawlessly. I
feel like there is no limit to the gimmicks they play to serve adds and
spyware; however,  I also agree that we are forced to choose a balance
between convenience and security. In my case convenience sometimes wins.

Hakan