[Cialug] Slightly OT, .. Bad URL redirect

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 16:22:51 UTC 2021

This might not be the issue, but maybe it will help? I noticed the site is
using nginx. Take a look at the following article:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46765270/redirect-http-to-https-from-nginx-is-not-working

This was the 3rd link on the page when I did a google search with the terms
"nginx 301 redirect issue with lynx"

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 2:35 PM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> Trying to fix a redirect problem for a friend that does WordPress:
>
>         usam.com
>
> The browsers I have (FF, Brave, Chromium) resolve OK, but there is
> something wonky wiht the 301 - lynx cannot resolve, but elinks can??
>
> Most importantly, Nagios check_http is now failing.
>
> Tried a half dozen redirect checkers, .. 50% work properly, 50% fail.
>
> Appreciate any insighgt.
>
>         Thanks!

Tired programmer
Coding late into the night