[Cialug] MySQL grant issue

Trent devolver42 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 18:24:38 UTC 2021

Is the issue that you can't find the config file?  My memory says that the
Windows version bounced between calling it my.ini and my.cnf over various
versions, and the file location moved around a lot.

Or is it that you have the config file but commenting out bind_address does
nothing?

That error you have is usually thrown when there is no such user on the
remote server i.e. your server has no remoteroot user.

Trent

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 12:43 PM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2021, Andrew Denner wrote:
>
> > If I remember correctly there is an ini file located in
> > C:\ProgramFiles\MySQL\MySQL Server x.x\my.ini that you need to comment
> > out the bindaddress line.
> >
> No joy; seem simpler to tell the new mariadb/mysql connect to connect
> using mysql_native_password, but can find no clue anywhere.
>
>         Thanks!

“We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit
to do, and more in the light of what they suffer.” - Dietrich Bonhoeffer