[Cialug] /etc/network/if-up.d -> systemd

Jared Brees fromj2sitsme at msn.com
Wed Jan 13 01:29:37 UTC 2021

Doesn't that depend on the specific network management tool in use? I believe with Network Manager you can use /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d; but the "right way" is likely via Systemd (on a system using systemd).

Since you've explicitly said you DON'T want to use a systemd daemon, then my next-best-thought for the "wrong" way to do it would be to just make a custom script that runs on boot, pings a known destination, and executes the rest of the script when ping actually succeeds, then exits.