[Cialug] WP MAC -> Linux

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sat Feb 6 19:15:14 UTC 2021

My cousin does the newsletter for our family association, but she is now
living in the boonies and has only an Apple laptop to use. With a desktop
system in the city, she did the two column layout in LibreOffice [on
Apple] without too much trouble.

On her laptop, however, it is painful to edit; so she asked me to see if
we can find options to make it easier.

For example, can the Apple word processor accurately export an .odt?

Word does not work, as it would not import into Write without fatal
problems.

Google does not play well with Apple, I'm told.

Is there a better option than LibreOffice?

	Thanks!