[Cialug] Multi dimensional data modeling tools.

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Sep 23 13:46:58 UTC 2020

I'm kicking around some ideas for a data warehouse for reporting purposes.
All the analytics will be done using R and its family of tools.

The data warehouse will pull from a dozen or similar relational databases
and then  aggregate that data into a multi-dimensional data model.

There would be probably a dozen or so tables with 4-5 million rows and
those tables would grow at a rate of about 2 millions rows a year.

I'm new to data analytics and working with multi-dimensional models (Data
Cubes).  It  appears that I can create a multi-dimensional model in a mysql
database.

My guess is that using Mysql will work fine.   My question is: Are there
any open source databases that are optimized for multi-dimensional models
or is that just overkill?  What is the best practice for multi-dimensional
databases?

: ) Dave
--
NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.
https://www.osis.us