[Cialug] Zoneminder

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Oct 22 23:35:14 UTC 2020

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020, Jared Brees wrote:

> Yes. I've tested that exact camera model (2 units of them) and it worked
> well with Zoneminder. I don't think I ever got audio working, but the
> image quality was about what you'd expect (only 1920x1080), and the unit
> looks very professional and feels very
> durable.

Could be, .. but I need at least 4MP, maybe 6MP. Decided to go with just
doo cams, as the front has a full view of the driveway & street, so good
zoom capabilies is a firm requirement.

I do have some ALibi 4MP cameras left over from a job a few years ago, ..
may just try those. I seem to recall mapping the active zones for motion
detection on the camera, so as that would probably be the only problem,
doing it on Zoneminder would work?

	Lee