[Cialug] MS SSIS PowerShell (db server running shell command)

jim kraai jimgkraai at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:20:53 UTC 2020

agreed

another channel of inquiry has pointed out that
1. the command will run with whatever account is set
in ##xp_cmdshell_proxy_account##, so an account could be created that is
only able to do a restricted set of things
2. in the executing sp, might be able to flip the xp_cmdshell flag on, run
the command, and flip it back off.  checking on risks and overhead for
doing that