[Cialug] Safari Accepting Long-Lived Certificates?

Chris Conmy cconmy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:23:18 UTC 2020

Hi Todd,

You can find the information from Apple here:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211025

The main thing to remember this change and all the other browsers is that
it only applies to certificates issues after 2020-09-01T00:00 UTC.

I'm not aware of any certificate providers issuing certificates longer than
a year anymore, however, I did see some funny business with GoDaddy where
it looked like they were backdating certificates.

I will note that some cert providers seem to have started selling
multi-year discounts, it's still a single year cert but you will buy
multiple years up front. Comodo is one provider who I've seen doing this.

Chris Conmy

Self-expression and self-identification is one of my professional and
personal values. One way to practice these values is to share personal
gender pronouns. My name is Chris and I use he, him, his pronouns. What
pronouns do you use?
+1-630-913-8849 | cconmy at gmail.com   <https://www.facebook.com/cconmy/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-conmy-a9b469b/>
<https://twitter.com/chrisconmy>