[Cialug] mariadb and wordpress tuning

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sat May 30 13:21:30 UTC 2020

On Sat, 30 May 2020, Dave Weis wrote:

> Hi All-
> I'm trying to improve my wife's web site speed ( www.gogoyogakids.com )
> It is a CentOS 6 VM with 2 vCPU and 8 gigs of RAM available.

FYI, .. we support WordPress servers for a client, and their installations
happly suport 20-30 WP instances on 2 cords & 4GB with good performance,
so I would propose your issue may not be with WP or the database itself.

1) Check the load - if it s on a shared host, you might be suffering due
to other user sites.

2) WP is a piece of swiss cheese from a security standpoint and as big a
target as Windows, so the first task is to setup fail2ban with filters so
that anyone hitting any of the admin links and returning a 404 or
unauthorized is blocked.

	Lee