[Cialug] HDMI/HTPC Video Issue

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sun Mar 29 15:53:08 UTC 2020

Found an interesting problem last night - I built a NUC recently for the
big DLP upstairs, and originally had problems getting the DLP to recognize
the HDMI signal - added a powered HDMI switch, seems to work.

Watched a few movies yesterday, and found that switching the TV AWAY
from the PC signal 'lost the connection' - bluescreen when selecting the
NUC again (All power saving and blank screen settings are off, and the
screen does not blank at all).

Have never experience this with connecting/reconnecting a monitor or using
a KVM, so am a loss as to possible causes:

 * NUC HW/video driver?

 * Monitor autodetect in Gnome or SuSE?

 * Protocal problem with older DLP set (my laptop drives it just fine,
   even with connect/reconnect of cable)?

Anyone experienced a similar problem or some insight into possible cause?

	TIA!