[Cialug] Editor preference?

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Thu Mar 5 15:40:58 UTC 2020

I have to admit that having code editor add in () or {}, was really kind of
a pain at first.  In the end,  it turned out to be really useful when
writing a lot of javascript.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 9:38 AM Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley at drake.edu>
wrote:

> I've been using emacs for years. Works great as a normal text editor and
> as a code editor. I like how it does syntax highlighting but does *not*
> auto generate anything. I can't stand full-fledged IDEs and all their
> automated stuff. They're just too confusing.
>
> On 3/4/20 5:01 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> > Getting into Hugo a bit, .. and it would be nice to have a tree window in
> > one vim pane while selecting a file would edit (or display?) in another
> > window.
> >
> > Sex is pretty close, but when exiting the file it closes both windows.
> >
> > Might anyone have a working configuration? Prefer working in a terminal,
> > .. GUI editors are just too foreign [as is eMacs to me <g>!].
> >
> >       Thanks!
> >

> __
> Daniel Ramaley | Server Engineer 2
> Information Technology Services | Drake University
> T: +1-515-271-4540
> W: http://www.drake.edu/its

NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.
https://www.osis.us