[Cialug] Traffic Analysis

Philip Henely henely at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 13:54:52 UTC 2020

Is this traffic encrypted? If so, I wouldn't expect Zeek (or really many
other tools) to be able to give you the visibility you are looking for. In
an encrypted environment Zeek won't provide much better data than netflow
would at least out of the box. It would provide an SSL log of SSL
connections it saw and a connection log that would have to correlated
together to get traffic, not sure if that would count for what you are
looking for or not.

Philip Henely
"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are
incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful
beyond imagination."  -- Einstein